Our client, a household Skate Brand with major distribution, has a designer opportunity on their team. They are looking for a trend forward, designer with mens/boys experience and a passion for skate/street trends.
The Designer will work in concert with the design team in managing the design process from concept to final prototype. Responsible for working in conjunction with Kohl’s Product Development team in developing brand right product design and seasonal product concepts based on thorough trend and competitive research along with overall creative direction to meet creative and business objectives in line with the manufacturer’s signature apparel brand. This position will require some travel and will work closely with the Senior Designer while working inside Kohls to insure a cohesive relationship.
· Collaborate with the team to develop and merchandise a cohesive assortment for all size ranges, genders, brands, and specified number of seasonal deliveries
· Research, interpret, and apply market trends appropriate to the brand.
· Build consistency throughout each category to ensure a clear message is delivered while continuing to grow the line as an authentic, Skate Brand.
· Deliver recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc
· Provide vision for the assortment; silhouette, color, print/pattern, fabric, and trim selection
· Problem solve costing issues with suppliers or any third party consultant to meet margin requirements for our partners
· Manage and execute seasonal product presentations and all design led milestone meetings
· Convey clear concise direction in seasonal design presentations; verbally and artistically
· Research global markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc
· Create sketches and develop accurate and technically viable design tech packs.
· Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external partners.
· Execute within the seasonal calendar.
· Ensure consistency of look between all categories by overseeing Jr. design team
· Provide leadership and development to direct reports to build on individual strengths
· Identify talent strategy and succession planning where necessary
· Highly developed sense of creativity for color, pattern, fabric, silhouettes, and trends.
· Proven ability to manage, coach and develop others
· Strong presentation skills
· Technical proficiency in garment construction and fit execution
· Strong critical thinking and exercise swift problem solving skills
· Demonstrate strong verbal, organization and written communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail and follow through in execution.
· Strong team player who can also work independently and in a fast paced environment
· A positive, outgoing, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial
· A multi-tasker; proactively seeks out opportunities to support the team with a can-do and follow- through attitude
· Apparel or fashion degree or equivalent experience
· Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Microsoft Office, and Mac.
· 5+ years design experience in related field