Our client's story began more than 100 years ago in the Mississippi Delta with one family owned establishment. Today, they have grown into a nationwide retailer with over 260 stores. Their success is contributed to our unique niche in the market offering current fashion trends at competitive prices paired with customer service and a personal shopping experience.
Our client is currently seeking a professional individual enthusiastic about customer service and fashion to join our eCommerce team as a Merchandise Manager. This position supports the merchandising requirements and site management as it relates to the development, launch, and day to day eCommerce business operations.
- Determine inventoried or Drop ship assortment and development of growth strategy to deliver plan
- Maintain financial position including OTB for daily business operation and project future business needs
- Analyze sales ,GM and conversion rates to determine business opportunities and provide recommendations to maximize growth and profitability
- Manage and review merchandise presentation on the site to ensure the categorization, imagery, color, copy , pricing and promotional tags are accurate and meet internal guidelines
- Utilize product catalog web application to build on-line category and product groupings as directed by eCommerce management
- Prepare weekly reporting for eCommerce management including preparation for Strategy meetings to recap business with Merchant partners
- Review competitor websites and customer survey feedback to ensure industry alignment with categorization, promotions and keeping site current on trends
- 4 year college degree required
3-5 years of experience in a retail environment ( understanding of buying)
- Drop Shipment experience
- Experience with vendor services implementation
- Digital/eCommerce experience
- Experience in soft lines/home goods is preferred.
Strong knowledge and understanding of retail math
Ability to accurately interpret and draw conclusions from data
- Provide information and communicate effectively to present analytics, recommendations and data interpretation
- Make informed decisions related to data from on-line reporting tools, strategy creation, taking action to better business and minimize losses
- Knowledge of competitors and relevant business models