The Senior Account Supervisor oversees and leads all Client account activity, ensuring the agency provides a consistently superior product. The SAS functions as a valued partner to the Client and provides consistent guidance, direction and motivation to Clients, direct reports and the internal agency team at large. The SAS also manages and grows account income and profitability.
Reports to: Management Supervisor Client contact: The SAS will have direct Client contact with agency Clients likely with an important focus on more senior level contacts on the Client side.
Areas of Responsibility
"Brand lead"; the SAS owns the strategic vision for designated accounts and ensures all work delivers on it.
• Have a strong command of Client's business/brand strategy
• Maintain a current grasp on the competitive landscape and category trends and develop recommendations regarding about how to apply them.
• Work with Manager(s) to drive strategic planning efforts (annually and throughout the year as appropriate), leveraging appropriate agency resources to bring smart brand insights to Clients.
Client Relationship Management
The SAS ensures Clients receive the highest level of service and strong relationships are developed and nurtured.
• Develop and cultivate strong, trusted, respected relationships with internal team members
and client contacts, including senior leaders within the agency and senior management on the Client side.
• Be a clear and effective communicator- written, verbal and in presentations.
• Help foster a positive internal team environment and overall Client/Agency relationship.
• Supervise all Client initiatives & develop appropriate action plans.
• Ensure all projects are completed flawlessly from start to finish, agency procedures are followed, and the account service bar is set high overall.
o Ensure regular client contact, including appropriate level or in-person meetings happen.
o Reponses to Client & internal inquiries happen ASAP; same day with Client, ideally within one business day internally.
o Established Agency process is adhered to including proper development and use of job trafficking, creative briefing, meeting agendas (internal& Client),and other Client documentation (meeting reports, regular status reports, budget summaries, talent residual summaries, etc.)
o Inspirational creative briefs are developed, and a high level of insight and value are delivered to the creative process.
o All meetings (internal and Client) are organized, clear and actionable, and proper preparation has been done in advance.
o Timely, clear and accurate updates and direction is provided to interdisciplinary teams (i.e. production, media, PR, interactive, creative, finance).
o All necessary records for assigned accounts are easily accessible for anyone within the Agency at all times; established server structure is followed.
o All aspects of the agency's "product" is thoroughly proofed prior to client presentation (i.e. all daily correspondence, communications plans, creative concepts, media plans, results reports, etc.) to ensure it is on strategy, accurate and on time.
• Work with other interdisciplinary teams to set program metrics, evaluate program results and develop appropriate summaries/ recommendations.
• Look for and work with Manager(s) to act upon opportunities to deepen existing Client relationships.
• Maximize opportunities to integrate appropriate Cronin disciplines to the greatest advantage of Clients.
• Identify opportunities to develop award-winning work and champion those efforts.
• Provide back-up account service coverage when staffing situations mandate. This includes day-to-day servicing of clients on an as-needed basis.
• As requested, take a role in new business pitch development.
• Manage up: Keep manager(s) informed as appropriate.
• Responsible for overall fiscal management on designated accounts.
• Lead yearly Client budget discussions; confirmation of available funding, etc. Facilitate yearly contract discussions.
• Oversee ongoing estimating, invoicing and budget reporting on designated accounts ensuring overall accuracy and timely delivery to Clients. Ensure estimates are revised as necessary, as soon as scope of work or budget changes.
• Develop quarterly income forecasts for designated accounts and provide to Manager. Also provide any major income implications ongoing as they arise.
• Maximize income and profitability on designated accounts.
• Complete timesheets ideally daily, at least weekly.
• Client meets, ideally exceeds goals.
• Agreed upon Client scope of work meets agency profitability goals.
• New Client work is secured.
Personnel and Training
Supervise and train more junior Account Service staff as appropriate, leading by example and providing solid guidance and mentorship.
• Responsible for oversight of select department members including day-to-day servicing of
clients, and ensuring consistent delivery of high quality/high value Cronin "product."
o Ensure account team follows established agency process and provides well thought out, clear, concise input to other departments. (i.e. job procedures, creative briefs, media briefs, etc.)
o Review all aspects of the agency's "product" prior to client presentation (i.e. communications recommendations, creative concepts, media plans and recommendations, results reports, etc.)
• Provide recommendations to manager regarding plans for professional growth for select staff members. Identify needs and make recommendations for training using both in-house and external resources.
• Provide manager with annual performance review input for select staff members. Provide timely performance feedback to select staff on an ongoing basis, and conduct periodic checkpoint meetings as needed.
• As requested, coordinate the interviewing/hiring process of new junior staff as needs arise.
As a senior member at the agency, the SAS should be a positive force within the agency.
• Lead by example; demonstrate the agency's superior account service standards.
• Champion the account group and strive to keep the bar high for the department's work and reputation.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with other agency departments.
• Continue to champion and foster agency integration. Identify opportunities to improve internal systems and relationships.
• Champion the agency's work.
• Own any additional duties/responsibilities as assigned by manager(s).
• Cultivate knowledge of Agency's cross discipline offerings.
• Help foster overall positive department and Agency morale.
Key Performance Standards:
• High client satisfaction, Client has strong trust in Agency, and SAS in particular, and places high value on overall Client/Agency partnership and the work the Agency produces.
• Positive internal environment and confidence as lead team member.
o Smooth internal operations/process; agency process is followed, information/communications are complete, timely, and accurate.
o Earns trust from the Account Service team as an Agency lead
• BA/BS in relevant discipline.
• 10+ years marketing/advertising experience; ideally at least 7 with an advertising agency.
• Experience planning, developing and supervising integrated communications campaigns
• Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire others.
• Supervisory experience; 7+ years directly managing others.
• Extremely organized and process oriented.
• Enthusiastic and has the drive and passion to learn the business.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; verbal, written, presenting.
• Financial management expertise.
• Thrives in a fast paced environment and great at managing multiple priorities at once.
• Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office· PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).