The inspiration of our brands begins with the eye of the designer. As Designer, one must
demonstrate a commitment to delivering on trend fashion to drive sales and increase profits
while exceeding the expectations of our customers.
- Responsible for the conceptual development of the knits, wovens, dresses and outwear
ensuring products reflect current trends and business strategy
- Designs garments that sell and create designs with appropriate commercial cost.
Ensure that the styles work within the collections and support the key outfit/looks of the
- Broad and thorough knowledge of fabric, trims, garment, construction and color. The
ability to predict, identify and forecast color, concept, fabric, silhouette, and trim trends
that are brand appropriate.
- Understand customer throughout the process, trend level, interests and needs.
Understand fit/design issues that are specific to garments.
- Good sample selection skills and editing from retail and the market. Thorough
knowledge of the competition and what is happening in the relevant market.
- Knowledge of patternmaking and sewing and ability to fit garments properly to standards
and fashion trends. Partner with technical design as needed.
- Understand sourcing alternatives, cost effective manufacturing options and lead times.
- Knowledge of systems including and business procedures. Strong organizational
and time management skills.
- Skilled at fashion sketching and drawing and developing prints, embroideries, yarn dyes
- Communicate in a timely manner with internal and external team members and to senior
- Successfully train and mentor direct reports.
- Participate and attend meetings and reviews as needed
- Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum five years prior experience at the Fashion Designer level in women’s apparel
- Must have proven ability to partner with merchants and collaborate with cross category
- Experience working with high end fabric qualities and washes and possess a strong high
end aesthetic in their design
- PC Design and software experience is required
- Knowledge of working with imports and vendors
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and have experience managing others
- Must know how to operate within a collaborative environment while driving vision
- Time Management Skills