Our client, a national retailer with over 260 stores, is currently seeking a talented and friendly individual to join their busy Merchandising Team as a Buyer in Men’s Suiting and Tailoring.
In this position the Men’s Buyer will assess opportunity in the men’s tailored business. With an eye toward fashion, strong merchandising skills, and a savvy understanding of how to help all parties succeed, the buyer will have an opportunity to foster real growth within a very collaborative organization. Keys to culture fit are having great relationships with vendors, strong commitment to mentorship, genuine caring about people, and partnership with other Buyers, Planners and Assistant Buyers. There is a nice runway for growth into leadership, and opportunities to thrive professionally.
- Purchasing and selecting merchandise by researching merchandise lines and identifying new opportunities.
- Managing business results by partnering with Planner to develop seasonal, department and class plans and exit strategies, and review and update open-to-buy.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with vendors by establishing partnerships, performing vendor analysis and negotiating effectively.
- Promoting and advertising merchandise by identifying key item opportunities, working with Advertising to develop promotional strategies and material and developing seasonal advertising calendar to support sales and margin objectives.
- Identifying fashion trends by researching fashion markets and media for dynamic new opportunities and shopping competition to maintain a strategic advantage.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, Business, or related field and/or minimum of 5-10 years applicable retail work experience.
- Previous Men's Suiting and Tailoring Apparel Buying experience required.
- Strong fashion sense and attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to assume a leadership role, develop staff, create an empowering environment and make informed decisions.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships and foster teamwork with multiple levels/departments within the organization and vendor community.
- Ability to travel as required.