Our client, a leading national retailer in the Philadelphia area, has a robust business foundation and dedication to delivering on-trend fashion to their dedicated customer base. They care about what they do and they care about each other while doing it.
The atmosphere on the planning team is energetic and motivated. The CEO is working closely with the planners to guide the OTB and serve the merchandising group. The planners are strategizing around the depth and breadth of the assortment and offering insights into how to best build the most compelling floor set . Under the guidance of the new SVP of planning, the team is aligning business goals and moving the the business needle forward.
Please find details below on the planning role...then email us to learn more...your future is now.
The Planner will be responsible for advising on flow quantities and timing of merchandise, developing plans for specific merchandise categories and sub-classes, and balancing stock unit ratios by store. The Planner is responsible for working with the planning and allocation team to increase shareholder value by meeting and exceeding gross margin plans and managing inventory levels to drive sales and profitability
· Assortment planning – determine appropriate depth and breadth of styles and price points, manage entrance and exit dates for each season, and manage purchase quantities and timing of deliveries.
· Financial planning – develop financial plans based on assortment plans.
· Analyze, review, and recommend strategies to maximize sales, turnover goods, and gross margin. Manage open-to-buy to meet expected plan levels. Identify flow adjustments to hit financial plans.
· Capacity planning – identify styles, quantity, and flow for feature presentations; develop and build pre-season style plans and recommend investment quantities and accurate flow forecasts.
· Merchandises logistics – identify opportunities to improve pack sizes, vendor performance, and import logistics to more efficiently process inventory through distribution.
· Develop strong working relationships with merchants; make recommendations and work collaboratively to strategize, develop, and manage store plans in alignment with brand strategies.
· Attend business review meetings with senior management and be prepared to speak to business results, trends, and propose strategies to meet and exceed plans.
· Analyze the results of promotions and markdowns; make recommendations to support business goals.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-8 years buying or planning experience; prior management experience.
- Ability to problem-solves and works independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills.