Reports to: Director of Data Systems
The software engineer is a critical role within the WGACA Technology Department. The software engineer is responsible for working with the CTO and the Director of Data Systems to develop new software according to established project plans, implementing new features in existing software, and fix bugs or other software defects.
WGACA is in a growth mode, expanding into new markets and distribution channels. It is a great time to come on board! We are seeking a candidate who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment with a commitment to excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Software Engineer - Front-end Developer- will have the following responsibilities including:
- Develops applications, web-based software, components and services depending on chosen skill set
- Tracks down and corrects bugs and defects in existing software
- Makes other changes or improvements to existing software
- Works closely with Product Managers, IT staff, and the dev team to drive projects through to completion.
Honesty, Integrity, and Trust
• Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, candid and truthful professional.
• Can present feedback in an appropriate and helpful manner.
• Keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent oneself for personal gain.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS, including the latest in HTML5 and CSS3 techniques
- Familiarity with jQuery, React.js, Angular.js, and/or similar frameworks
- Strong attention to visual detail
- Understanding of basic usability principles and guidelines - responsive design, mobile-friendly development
- Experience in UI Design, including the use of wireframing and image editing tools.
- Requires at least 2 years of hands-on experience working in software development
- Understanding of the principles of Object-Oriented Programming and design.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for full software development life cycle
- Must be able to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the job functions
- Must be able to work independently
- Basic knowledge of Unix-style command line and VCS (ie, SVN, Git)
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Location: Philadelphia, PA
About The Company
What Goes Around Comes Around (WGACA) has been the leading purveyor of authentic luxury and vintage pieces since the inception of its SoHo, NYC flagship store in 1993. Founders Seth Weisser and Gerard Maione have been traveling the globe for over 20 years collecting the world’s finest clothing and accessories spanning every decade from the 1890s-1990s. With an additional flagship in Beverly Hills and outposts in East Hampton, Miami Beach and Roslyn, WGACA has elevated the vintage market with its curated vision and concept.
WGACA houses the world’s largest collection of vintage Chanel and amazing selections from the top luxury labels, such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Hermès. WGACA has set the standard for the luxury vintage market. Additionally, WGACA carries a massive collection of vintage Levi’s, classic rock tees and one of a kind finds from some of the most coveted vintage brands like Saint Laurent, Alaïa, Comme des Garçons and many more.